Friday, September 25, 2009

September Update

Our woodshed completed. Wont be a lot of room for the tractor by winter time as we will begin cutting our wood soon for the next couple of years. Some weirdo showed up on a bike and wanted to stay a few days. Even had to lend him dress clothes for church.




Deere power- clearing the road for the wood shed and eventually a shop. Eden after her summer shave



Tigo after his summer shave. We have him on a special diet now for the last 8 months. He has lost 30 lbs. and the vet figures it saved his life





Our self portrait for our 10 year anniversary trip back to the east coast.







Tanya by the wild lupins that grow everywhere in the ditches on the island.











Chris on the ferry from Nova Scotia to Prince Edward Island.








Hello again. Well, my work situation has finally come to end. The company finally agreed to meet my demands and put an end to it all. They have terminated my employment and paid me my severance package. It was a sad end to 9 years of a very enjoyable and rewarding career, but in the end Tanya and I feel it was the best thing to happen. We can move along with our lives and not worry about where I will be working. I have obtained a new full time job as a shop supervisor in Ponoka, where I have been working for 3 weeks now. A good place, very good boss but I don't think it will be the place I will be at for a long time. Not quite what I am looking for, but due to the nature of the industry up here right now Tanya and I are very thankful that I have a job at all. I will stick this job out as long as it takes to obtain something else more suited for me. We both wish to thank you for all your thoughts, comments and prayers over the last few months. We were blessed with a short visit from little Dwight earlier this month. It was great to see him again, and hopefully we will be making a short trip to Lynden near the end of October. Heres a few pics from the last few months of our lives. Take care, you all. PS This note was supposed to be on top, not under the pics. I couldnt be bothered to try fix it.

4 comments:

Dwight and Leshia said...

Do you really knock over trees with the tractor, or were you just making a photo op?

Brad and Lynn Kuiper said...

That is abuse, plain and simple. Ever hear of a chain saw? A grapple skidder? DOWN WITH DEERE ABUSERS!!!

Chris and Tanya Kuiper said...

Now, Now. Whats this about abuse? We grow our tractors up here to work. Yes, I push the trees over with the tractor, at least the ones where the road went cause I wanted the roots out of the ground. 3 trees after the pics I bent one of my forks so I dont do that any more. I notch and back cut the tree first and then push the tree over right where I want it to land. SO THERE! No more abuse. PS. The tractor is a little small to be doing what I was doing.

danawynn said...

you guys are losers. :)